Company Personal Auto and Commercial Lines Payback Plans
Many of our insurance carriers are giving insureds personal auto “paybacks” on auto premiums base on the fact that so many more people are staying home and not driving their vehicles which is reducing the number of automobile insurance claims.
Below is a list of current carrier payback plans. You do not need to do anything to receive the payback, each carrier will either credit your account accordingly or send a refund.
- Safeco Insurance Company is refunding 15% of two months of clients’ auto premium. We do not have all the details of how that refund will be distributed, but you will hear direct from Safeco once the details are worked out.
- Travelers Insurance Company will apply a 15% discount to their clients’ auto premiums for the months of April and May.
- Progressive Insurance Company will issue a 20% credit for April premiums in May for auto policies in force as of April 30th, and 20% of May premiums in June for policies in force May 31st.
- Hartford Insurance Company will issue a 15% refund on two months’ worth of premium for all customers with an in-force personal auto policy as of 4/1/2020. Customers who pay their premium in installments will receive a credit toward their next payment.
- Main Street America/NGM Insurance will be mailing their personal auto customers a one-time full payment of $50 per vehicle. They expect to complete the distribution of checks within 60 days. Payments will be based on personal auto policies in force as of March 31, 2020. Business written after that date is excluded.
- Main Street America/NGM Insurance will be issuing a premium credit to all Business Owner’s Policy Program and Contractors insureds equivalent to 20% of the premium owed for the months of April and May 2020. This credit will be applied to all active in-force BOP and Contractors policies as of March 31, 2020, and applied to the premium booked as of that date. A premium waiver will be issued to each insured and reflected in their next bill regardless of the type of payment plan you may have. If a policy is already paid in full, a check will be issued to the insured. PLEASE NOTE THIS ONLY BOP AND CONTRACTORS POLICIES. – No action by insureds is necessary.
- Mapfre/Commerce Insurance will return 15% of April and May premium to their personal auto policyholders. No action by an insured is necessary for the applicable credit which will be applied within 60 days to your existing balance. Those paid in full will receive a refund check within the same time period.
- National General/NatGen will provide a 15% premium credit for the month of April 2020. This credit will be applied to the insureds’ next installment bill or for paid in full customers, returned to them in a mailed check. Policyholders do not need to take any action to receive the credit.
We will continue to update the list as we hear more from our carriers
THANK YOU all for continuing to practice social distancing and sheltering at home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
All of our carriers have developed a plan to help clients who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. If you find yourself in a situation where making your monthly insurance payment is going to be difficult, we encourage you to either give our office a call (603)357-2219 or contact your carrier directly to arrange for an alternate payment plan.
Each carrier is different in the way they are handling this situation. For contact information for our carriers please refer to our CONTACT page or our ABOUT page which provides links to carrier websites and mobile apps.
Government Relief Information For Businesses
For our business clients, there are now government-funded recovery programs that are available including the $10,000 Economic Injury Disaster Loan and the Payroll Protection Program (PPP). We are not experts in this area but encourage you to reach out to your local bank to see if they are participating. The application process for these is fairly simple and fast. Here are some links for more information:
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
- US Chamber Emergency Loans
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Fact Sheet
Saving Small Business Fund
To extend a helping hand to small businesses suffering from the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – in partnership with Vistaprint and a coalition of supporting companies, foundations, and philanthropic donors is working to provide financial relief through the Save Small Business Fund.
- The Save Small Business Fund is a grantmaking initiative to offer $5,000 grants that provide short-term relief for employers across the United States and its territories.
- A recent poll conducted by the U.S. Chamber and MetLife found that more than half of small businesses (54%) have closed at least temporarily or will close in the next two weeks. One in four (24%) are two months or less away from permanently closing. They need resources and relief — and they need it now.
- That’s why the Save Small Business Fund is providing $5,000 grants to help as many businesses as possible meet their most pressing needs — from rent, making payroll, or for overall business operations.
Eligibility and Timeline:
The application will go live on 4/20/20 at 3:00 PM ET/12:00 PM PT.
Visit savesmallbusiness.com for more details and to get an email reminder when the application launches.
To qualify, a business must:
- Employ between 3 and 20 people
- Be in an economically vulnerable community
- Have been harmed financially by the COVID-19 pandemic
Grants will be distributed on a weekly, rolling basis until all funds have been allocated.
Local Businesses are open https://explorekeene.org/places/covid/
Governor Sununu’s Stay at Home order https://businesshelp.nheconomy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045208494-3-26-2020-Governor-Sununu-Issues-Stay-at-Home-Order-
NH Nonprofit Response Fund https://resources.nhcdfa.org/programs/nh-nonprofit-response-fund/
NH Business Resources https://businesshelp.nheconomy.com/hc/en-us
Employee / Public Health https://businesshelp.nheconomy.com/hc/en-us/categories/360003389533-EMPLOYEE-PUBLIC-HEALTH
COVID-19 Needed Supplies https://www.nheconomy.com/ppehelp
Other COVID-19 Resources https://www.nheconomy.com/